Cuddly Square Baby Bear

Ian’s sister had her baby over the weekend! 4 lbs. 10oz. :) The cutest thing you’ll ever see.

Before our trip to visit her and baby Jakob Quinn, i decided to sew up a prototype of new plush based on Lion Brand Yarns Crochet pattern. This was attempt 1, Bear. :)




weirdest looking thing from the side.



its like a pillow with legs. :) possibly more pathetic pillows to come!

Advertisements

Jakob’s Quilt, Finally complete!

So Here has been my work in progress for months. I’ve been working on it during the week at night, and Sat mornings.

Click Here for Progress Post #1
Click Here for Progress Post #2

I am SO over this typing thing right now. So… I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.

cuttin brown border pieces


cutting back fabric




I used Mountain Mist batting. It was large enough piece that I was able to fold it in two, and double layer it. Warm!


I decided to try some Quilt Basting Spray. Worked really well and it was easy to reposition!

sticky sticky batting


added some pins for stability as well.


small machine... small quilt. Anything larger, i'd need a larger machine




——————
So in between the above photos, and the below photos, you’ll notice steps are missing. I cut the seam binding from the stripey fabric, and embroidered a nice tag for the bottom right of the quilt back. Quilt is complete!

Here are the finished photos. I DO have cell phone pictures of these missing moments, but i figured I’d spare you the all terrible fuzzy, blurry eyestrain.

You are welcome. :)

——————-






The baby’s due date is January 21st. So I planned on having the quilt finished by then. Suddenly, a baby shower was announced. It took place Dec. 5th). I knew i wanted the quilt done by then. (And i did it! Whee!)

I’m really happy with how it turned out. With my first quilt under my belt, i look forward to many more. :)

Have a Lovely Week!
And Happy Christmas Shopping!
And Drive Safely in the Snow!

Quilt Progress So Far!

I ordered ALL my fabric off Joann.com. Insane deals on cute fabrics. Etsy is loaded with designer and vintage fabric too, but i fell in love with Debbie Mumm’s fabric designs. Most of them are DM. :)

At this point I had taken photos of the cutting process. i bought a rotary cutter, a mat and a neat quilters ruler. I seem to have misplaced those pics! I’ll be searching for them… until then.. fast forward a few steps.

I pieced the cut squares out on the floor. they are all 3 in squares with an additional 1/4in seam allowance all around. :) measure 15 times.. cut once. That took the longest. Over 3 days of measuring to get it right.

not a creative shot at all... meh.



So.. i plan to machine stitch the squares. its for a baby, and if i want it to last a long time, machine is the way to go for me. I put the squares into pairs and put a pin through to keep them together. Also to mark where to stitch.

I watched House Hunters, Bathtastic!, Property Virgins, kitchen Impossible, more Property Virgins and Ree on Throwdown before i was able to finish. Took a long time….

Almost done!


oh so neatly in their rows...


Finally around 10:15pm… i finished. Stacked them up… and went to bed.


What a monster. And this is just a crib sized quilt. 3 times as many squares are needed for a full sized quilt. Glad i started small. I’m nervous to begin sewing…. Wish me luck!

Step #2.. Sewing the squares to their mates.. Tune in soon..