So i’ve been working for a few weeks, except I’m a few months in, really. I bought the fabric way in advance, and wrote up the plans.. and it all sat there.
I really gotta finish this thing up!
This is my workspace.
i got that desk for $5 at a garage sale! Cha Ching!
Leaves A LOT to be desired. Luckily I’ll have a craft/ sewing room in Ian’s new house!
And yes, i have a Knuckles plush, a duck lamp and a paper robot on my desk. Whats it to ya?
Anywhoo… Here’s some more progress! The photos speak for themselves really. I’ll keep the descriptions to a minimum. :)
When we left off… I sewed my paired pieces together. 1+1=2!
Halfway into the pairs, I tried chain stitching. Feeding the next square into the machine, rather than stopping, cutting threads to separate and setting up again. It made the second half go way faster!
they are holding hands aww..
my machine is spitting them out really fast. Aerial veiw of the back of my machine.
DONE pairing the first set!
laid them out to be paired once again.
2+2=4! More pairing! More friends!
Paired, pinned and stacked!
Chain stitching the pairs to the other pairs... :)
My squares were uneven. 99 squares. so i have some 4's, and some 6's. Finished 6's!
It was like a puzzle. i kept messing up!
So i paired the 6’s with some other 6s. and pairs the 4’s with some other 4s… Sewed them up the same way til i met in the middle.
Sewed that right down the center.. Annnd…….. Drum Roll Please!
FINISHED QUILT TOP!
Back view. :)
Next Post will be the border strips… and maybe some basting… Wish me luck. So Far so good I’d say! My quilt is about 1/6 the size of a queen sized quilt. Crib Sized. Perfect beginner project. Hope Sara and baby Jakob like it. :)