At this point I had taken photos of the cutting process. i bought a rotary cutter, a mat and a neat quilters ruler. I seem to have misplaced those pics! I’ll be searching for them… until then.. fast forward a few steps.
I pieced the cut squares out on the floor. they are all 3 in squares with an additional 1/4in seam allowance all around. :) measure 15 times.. cut once. That took the longest. Over 3 days of measuring to get it right.
So.. i plan to machine stitch the squares. its for a baby, and if i want it to last a long time, machine is the way to go for me. I put the squares into pairs and put a pin through to keep them together. Also to mark where to stitch.
I watched House Hunters, Bathtastic!, Property Virgins, kitchen Impossible, more Property Virgins and Ree on Throwdown before i was able to finish. Took a long time….
Finally around 10:15pm… i finished. Stacked them up… and went to bed.
What a monster. And this is just a crib sized quilt. 3 times as many squares are needed for a full sized quilt. Glad i started small. I’m nervous to begin sewing…. Wish me luck!
Step #2.. Sewing the squares to their mates.. Tune in soon..