Jakob’s Quilt, Finally complete!

So Here has been my work in progress for months. I’ve been working on it during the week at night, and Sat mornings.

Click Here for Progress Post #1
Click Here for Progress Post #2

I am SO over this typing thing right now. So… I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.

cuttin brown border pieces


cutting back fabric




I used Mountain Mist batting. It was large enough piece that I was able to fold it in two, and double layer it. Warm!


I decided to try some Quilt Basting Spray. Worked really well and it was easy to reposition!

sticky sticky batting


added some pins for stability as well.


small machine... small quilt. Anything larger, i'd need a larger machine




——————
So in between the above photos, and the below photos, you’ll notice steps are missing. I cut the seam binding from the stripey fabric, and embroidered a nice tag for the bottom right of the quilt back. Quilt is complete!

Here are the finished photos. I DO have cell phone pictures of these missing moments, but i figured I’d spare you the all terrible fuzzy, blurry eyestrain.

You are welcome. :)

——————-






The baby’s due date is January 21st. So I planned on having the quilt finished by then. Suddenly, a baby shower was announced. It took place Dec. 5th). I knew i wanted the quilt done by then. (And i did it! Whee!)

I’m really happy with how it turned out. With my first quilt under my belt, i look forward to many more. :)

Have a Lovely Week!
And Happy Christmas Shopping!
And Drive Safely in the Snow!